Voluntary Kitchen Assistant
Come and volunteer in our new Community Café!
In September 2018, Community & Business Partners launched a brand new Community Café, Re#ashed. Using food that is intercepted from going to waste, we create different dishes for the local community in a space where people can come together and share experiences.
Our café is open Monday-Friday, 11am-2pm.
Location: Re#ashed Community Café,
The Energy Zone,
- Assisting the Kitchen Staff with the preparation of food. If confident, creating dishes from the donated food.
- Ensuring that the Kitchen is kept clean at all times, adhering to the Food Hygiene Regulations.
- Handling of money when a staff member is not in the Kitchen area.
- Undergo a DBS Check in accordance with the Regulations.
- Level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate.
- Please note: Funding may be available for volunteers to complete this qualification under certain requirements
Voluntary Events Assistant
Volunteer with various events and activities throughout the year!
We are looking for committed and creative people to help with our marketing and promotion of the organisation through our various events and activities throughout the year. Members of the community have enjoyed events such as Christmas Fairs, Easter Fairs and Pancake Day celebrations and we are looking to build our team to continue with these exciting events.
Duties will include:
- Preparing and planning the distribution of publicity materials, including leaflets, posters and newsletters
- Assisting with the planning and execution of marketing and promotional events
- Help with decoration and set up of events
This is an ad hoc position – approximately 2 hours per week.